Yes, I know I haven’t finished writing about our last trip out west, four months later. But! We’re planning a short jaunt up the East Coast to Acadia National Park and are heavy in the research stage. Below is the general itinerary we’re looking at. Please comment or send along any tips you have!
[Our original dream itinerary had us looping back south through the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes, and Hudson Valley, but we rerouted upon learning we’d likely run into the start of black fly season in the Adirondacks. So we’ll save those wish-list destinations for another Airstream adventure.]
- Intermediate stop between Charlottesville and our first target of Beverly, MA. Considering Hershey, PA, or Mystic, CT
- BEVERLY, MA: two days in Beverly, visiting a very special blog reader!
- ACADIA NATIONAL PARK: five days in Bar Harbor. Hike a lot, drink a lot of beer!
- CAMDEN, ME: just a night here enjoying the pretty harbor town
- CAPE COD: a couple nights, maybe in Provincetown and/or Dennis Port
- Heading home, stay at the intermediate stop we didn’t choose for stop #1