Okay, so we’ve been back home in VA for a month now and I’m still writing about Utah and Arizona. It’s fun to relive our adventures in the Western sun, sitting here in gloomy Virginia where it’s threatening to sleet later today. Maybe we should have stayed out West longer?
This list won’t be a spoiler if you follow Bugsy on Instagram: here are the posts I have in the pipeline to wrap up Big Trip #2:
- Update to Grand Canyon – South Rim post
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Organ Pipe National Monument
- Tucson, AZ
- Saguaro National Park
- Alpine, TX
- Update to Big Bend National Park post
- Austin, TX
- Hot Springs National Park
- Nashville, TN
- Asheville, NC… although I might spare you yet another Asheville post. We spent a night at Wilson’s, we ran on the Greenway, we had a snack at White Duck Tacos, we wandered around Blue Spiral 1, we had a cocktail at Sovereign Remedies, we ate at Limones, we had a beer at Burial. If you’ve read our other Asheville posts, you probably could have guessed exactly how we’d spend one day in Asheville!
More teasers to keep you interested: we LOVED Joshua Tree and Organ Pipe, both absurdly beautiful new-to-us destinations. Tucson surprised us as a delicious foodie hotspot. And finally, a dog can step on a tarantula and both critters can survive seemingly unharmed. At least, Bugsy didn’t react; the tarantula was a little wobbly as it left the scene.
Stay tuned for more!